Mindsum CIC is a registered Community Interest Company, registration number: 12646513. We are based in Manchester UK. The best email to contact us is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of information
How your personal information is collected:
● Sign up process
● When booking a peer support session
● When booking a therapy session
● When you make a donation
● When you register for the mailing list
Personal information collected:
● your name (including your first name(s) and surname(s);
● your email address;
● your phone number;
● your address;
● your bank details;
● your credit and/or debit card details (we do not store this information, we just process it for payment handling through merchant account)
● your date of birth;
● IP address;
● device ID;
● data provided by cookies and other similar technologies;
● functional data such as registration and account data;
● usage data, such as, activity information;
● marketing communication preferences;
● donation data (amount donated, when and why)
● other details about you that you or others provide to us.
How is your personal information used?
● administer your account;
● provide you with use of and personalised visits to the Mindsum Services;
● better understand how users interact with and use the Mindsum Service;
● enhance our customer services;
● improve our security measures;
● process, or requests payments;
● respond to your questions or comments;
● provide you with information relating to Mindsum, or that we feel may be of interest to you;
● Delivering newsletters
● ensure you are on the correct, age-appropriate mailing list(s) and that we have parental consent where required by law.
● develop our offering, services, tools and technologies to ensure that our services areas useful and enjoyable as possible
● contact you.
How long we hold your information for?
We retain personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us or for as long as an account is active. We will only ever keep data as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
With whom is your personal information shared?
● We do not share your personal details with third parties, except where companies are providing services on our behalf, such as processing donations or orders. For example, when you make an online donation via JustGiving, you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
● Our systems, technology operations and processes are designed to be secure for your safety. We apply industry standards that abide government laws and regulations.
● We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us.
● Communications in connection with the Website, App and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication.Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, we cannot guarantee this.
Your rights over your information
● Under the UK GDPR data privacy regulations, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
● You have rights over your personal data. You have the right to be informed and have access to your personal information.
● You have the right to ease, restrict and to object personal information.
● You also have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling of your personal information.
● If you would like us to correct or update any information about you, then please email us at email@example.com.
● You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information.
● You can also ask us to stop using your information – the simplest way to do this is to withdraw your consent, which you can do at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletter, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
● A“cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a website user's computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie.
● The types of cookie we use are “session cookies”, which keep track of information you have entered or looked at as you travel from page to page within the Website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a short time of you leaving the Website.
● We do not use other types of cookie that track your internet activity after leaving the Website.
● Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
● You may change your cookie preferences on our site using the 'cookie settings' button in our cookie notification banner when you visit our site to switch off cookies you do not consent to us using. Please note there are some cookies that are necessary for the functioning of this Website which cannot be switched off and if you do not consent to the use of these cookies you must not use Mindsum website.
Last updated: 07 March 2023